Outstanding NAPLAN Results Again for St Michael’s
Our school’s 2019 NAPLAN results (Year 3 and Year 5) were simply superb. Below is a summary of just some of the features:
- On every assessment in every year level the school’s average score was significantly higher than the state and national averages and well above the average for all Sydney Catholic Schools and for schools that are considered statistically similar.
- Our Year 3 and Year 5 Numeracy results are the best that the school has achieved since NAPLAN commenced. This is the third year in a row that this has happened.
- In five of the ten assessment areas our school achieved the best results we have ever received since NAPLAN commenced. These areas were:
- Year 3 Numeracy, Spelling and Grammar & Punctuation
- Year 5 Numeracy and Reading
- Overall, the Year 3 and the Year 5 results are the best that the school has achieved since NAPLAN commenced.
- The percentage of students in the top 3 bands is outstanding (there are six achievement bands in Year 3 and eight in Year 5). For each of the assessment areas our percentage in the top 3 bands is as follows:
- Year 3: Reading – 95%; Writing – 97%; Grammar & Punctuation – 100%; Spelling 91%; Numeracy 96%.
- Year 5: Reading – 87%; Writing – 81%; Grammar & Punctuation – 80%; Spelling 83%; Numeracy 86%.
No matter how you look at these results, they are truly outstanding. They are testimony to the improvement agenda which has been set by the teachers and to the dedication of all staff in striving to meet the needs of every individual child.